I certainly need all the collective wisdom that I can get, so please add to, or provide perspective to the already listed questions...
- What is your understanding of God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Bible?
- What is your understanding of Man, Man's problem, Man's solution?
- What is your understanding of Man's purpose on Earth?
- How are you (and will you) go about practically fulfilling that purpose as a husband and father?
- How do children fit into the picture?
- What is your perspective on the role of the in-laws?
- What is your understanding of debt? How much debt do you have?
- How do you deal with conflict?
- What does it mean to "Sanctify your wife," and how is that done practically?
- How would you discipline your children? Take me through a scenerio.
- What are your top 3: Heroes, Books, Songs, Movies
- Have you EVER looked at pornography?
- Lets schedule a project with you, me, Gabe, and Micah together (maybe a 40 mile swim, hike, shooting outing)
- Do a family project with us.
- We need to do a project with your family.
- Do you have your parents blessing... when can I talk to your dad?
Obviously, this would take a little bit of time, but isn't that the point. Some may say, "Goodness... if that is the case, forget it mister..." To which I say good! This is bare minimum stuff... These are things that a man of God is hungry for anyway! If this weeds out the "riff-raff," so much the better, you are not worthy of a Proverb 31 woman.
As far as the answers for the above questions, yes, I have Scriptural answers packed and ready to disciple this young man. I don't expect that he will be ready with "all the right answers." I will start with his character, and be ready to disciple him... and any father should. We live in an age with a severe lack of male leadership. To expect a young man to be perfect misses the point. To expect him to have character and be teachable is closer to reality. But to post the answers... I am not giving him that chance! I want to know his thoughts FIRST :)